When you don’t have a natural love affair with social media all the platforms can look and feel the same - a pain in the bum. None of them seem like “fun.” They all seem unnatural and a waste of time.
So how are you to choose the proper platform that works for you and engages your audience with your message at hand? Here is the down and dirty breakdown on how to choose the right platform for you and your brand message.
Men or a masculine energy driven audience? If yes, you are going to choose Snapchat, Twitter, or Linkedin.
● Snapchat - Is the male version of instagram. So keep it lifestyle focused.
● Twitter - Is short and sweet and is like Facebook for the ladies - A dying platform on many levels, but it blends both personal and professional lives.
● LinkedIn - All Business all the time. Ladies or that feminine energy is more your style? Then your top 3 options are Facebook, Instagram, or Linkedin.
● Instagram - Lifestyle focus and inspiration abound. So pretty pics with powerful messages are a must.
● Facebook - Yep, the platform isn’t the fresh young stud it once was, but it is still the platform where personal and professional come together.
● LinkedIn - No matter if you are talking about girls or guys- corporate professional is all this platform is about.
Now that you know your group of 3 that works best for your audience. Choose 2 that work best for your message and you. And then start posting.
Try different types of posts and different times a day. Think of your social media as a social experiment on what works and when. Be a detective focused on understanding what is really going on.
Yep, it really is that simple.
And what about Pinterest and YouTube you may ask? Both are killer platforms, but they take years to gain true traction. So consider these once you master the basics. Baby steps here people. Baby steps.